The Real Estate Lifecycle relies on RICS professionals and many other individuals in order to properly allocate resources to generate value and complete the various functions.
The certification will ensure you are best placed to work and interact with other stakeholders across the real estate lifecycle from planning and acquisition to construction and occupation.
By understanding the roles and responsibilities of all those involved, at each stage of the lifecycle, you will be better able to:
- Complete projects
- Differentiate yourself from competitors
- Build trust in the eyes of clients, regulators and stakeholders
The certification has been created to provide formal recognition to professionals who can demonstrate a thorough knowledge of all functions of the real estate market and the role that RICS, our standards and professionals perform in the market.
To gain certification, professionals are required to complete a training and assessment programme comprised of:
- Series of online modules
- Reading material
The course is composed of the following:
- Module 1: The role of the RICS and its professionals
- Module 2: Introduction to real estate lifecycle
- Module 3: Acquisition
- Module 4: Planning
- Module 5: Construction
- Module 6: Occupation
- Module 7: Ethics
After completing all 7 modules, professionals will be required to pass:
- Online ethics quiz
- Multiple choice final examination on the content from modules 1 to 6
Who should enrol?
- Real estate lenders, investors and analysts
- Financial regulators
- Lawyers working on secured lending and offering services to the real estate and built environment industries
- Back office departments from companies working on real estate and built environment sectors (ie accountants, finance, HR and marketing professionals)
After passing and achieving certification
You will be required to complete 10 hours of CPD annually and re-take the test every 3 years in order to maintain their certification.
||Training and Assessment
|4 online technical training modules (16 hours)
||4 online technical training modules (16 hours)
||RICS Certified in Real Estate Lifecycle Certificate and Logo
|3 online professional training modules (9 hours)
||3 online professional training modules (9 hours)
||10 hours annual Continuing Professional development commitment
|No assessment or certification
||Online exam leading to certification (75 minutes)
||3 year reassessment included
||£175 annual subscription