Building Information Modelling (BIM) has become a higher priority area following its mandate on centrally-funded UK Government projects by 2016. Subsequently, adoption of BIM by key players in the private sector has followed. The desire to reduce capital and operational costs from both the construction and operation of the built environment is a pivotal driver for change. BIM can support the adoption of collaborative behaviours and practices, connecting intelligent design to information-based technologies, to unlock efficient ways of working throughout the project life-cycle.
This class is an introduction for those new to this subject and practitioners wishing to refresh their knowledge.
- Explain the concept of BIM
- Analyse the quality of a BIM business case, it’s benefits, challenges and adoption issues
- Evaluate the UK Government BIM strategy and key documents in support of it
- Achieve an awareness of the BIM methodology, execution plans and maturity models.
Who Should Attend?
- Commercial & Project Managers of Construction Companies
- Quantity Surveyors
- Project Managers
- Contract Administrators
- Facilities Managers
- All construction professionals
Web Class Pre-requisites
There are no course pre-requisites as the course is an introduction for those new to the subject and a refresher to practitioners in the field of construction.