Effective risk management is a process that includes clearly identifying the risks, agreeing how best to manage or mitigate them and the inclusion of appropriate risk allowances within the project budget. In turn, this will allow the practitioner to avoid unpleasant surprises, complete within budget and on time, and allow more robust and certain project management.
You will be given the tools to quantify the risks that impact on cost, performance and programme, and shown how to apply a risk management process effectively on any construction project. This will enable you to confidently analyse and make recommendations to project teams regarding risk management.
- Establish a risk management process that can be applied to any project
- Apply practical tools on any project
- Critically evaluate the measures that a project team needs to put in place to manage risk effectively
- Implement the risk management processes in NEC3, PPC2000, PSPC and JCT Constructing Excellence
- Analyse and make recommendations to ensure that project teams manage risk effectively
- Sr Joe K F Wu FRICS, FHKIS, RPS(QS), MACostE, MHIREA, MHKBIM, Co-founder, QS Consultancy Limited