Final step to qualifying as a member of RICS.
The final step to qualifying as a member of RICS is the final assessment interview. This is an important element of the APC designed to assess your level of professional ability. A panel of assessors, comprising three chartered surveyors who are trained and selected for the role, conduct the interview. A minimum of two assessors may be acceptable in extenuating circumstances.
The next round of interviews for Oceania are scheduled to take place the week commencing Monday 18 November 2013
Application forms are due Friday 27 September 2013 and submissions due COB Friday 18 October 2013
March Interviews - Week commencing Monday 24 March 2014
Final Assessment applications due Thrusday 30 January 2014
Submissions due COB Thursday 27 February 2014
July Interviews - Week commencing Monday 14 July 2014
Final Asssessment applications due Monday 12 May 2014
Submissions due COB Monday 2 June 2014
- Deliver a 10-minute presentation followed by an interview (please note, no Powerpoint presentations or IT equipment can be used in the interview)
- Demonstrate your understanding of the knowledge gained and competencies achieved during your structured training
- Have an acceptable understanding of the role and responsibilities of a chartered surveyor
- Show that you can apply your professional, ethical and technical skills to benefit those who employ your services
The interview will last for approximately one hour. It is designed to determine whether you have met the APC competency requirements, professional standards and ethics to become a chartered professional member of RICS (MRICS).
Final assessment forms
To start the final assessment process please download and complete the application form relevant to your route to memberhip.
Please download the relevant final assessment forms from the APC templates section.
If you have submitted a Final Assessment form for a previous interview session, you will need to submit a new form for the new session. Your application form requires three signatures and you are advised to read this section carefully.
- You are responsible for finding your signatories: it is not the responsibility of RICS to find these for you. You may ask your employer, supervisor or counsellor to assist you with this. You may find it worthwhile to attend RICS events to meet potential members who could act as signatories.
- Forms submitted with incorrect or missing signatures will be returned and you will forfeit the interview session
- A copy of your qualification must be attached to your application form
Forms can be emailed, faxed or posted (to arrive before the deadline) to the RICS Oceania membership development officer.
Submission checklists: graduate and adaptation routes only.
Before submitting your documentation to RICS, please remember to check you have included four copies of the required documents. Use the appropriate checklist below to check what is required:
Please also email a complete electronic soft copy (PDF/ZIP file) of your full submission.
Insufficient or incorrect submissions will be returned and you may miss sitting your interview in your chosen period.
Marksheets: graduate and adaptation routes only
Please see below for copies of the relevant marksheets required:
- Assessor Marksheet: Graduate Route 1, 2 and 3 and Adaptation Route 1
- Assessor Marksheet: Senior Professional
A copy of your marksheet (together with a photograph) should be submitted with each of your four submissions and an electronic soft copy.
All submissions should be posted by recorded delivery to the RICS Oceania membership development officer.
The final step to qualifying as a member of RICS is the Final Assessment interview. This is an important element of the APC designed to assess your level of professional ability. A panel of assessors, comprising three chartered surveyors who are trained and selected for the role, conduct the interview. A minimum of two assessors may be acceptable in extenuating circumstances.
Points to note
- Some interviews may be arranged outside these dates, depending on assessor availability
- Pathways not mentioned above will be conducted on another date, to be confirmed
- You will not need to be present for the whole day. Exact times will be confirmed. Please ensure your Final Assessment submissions are in by the deadline above, or you will be unable to sit these interviews
If you have extenuating circumstances where you cannot meet these dates, please contact us.
19 Dec 2012
20 Dec 2012
Read the next page in this section