Moving through the IFMA-RICS single suite of professional qualifications for the FM world, RICS offers two globally recognised qualifications - AssocRICS and MRICS.
Becoming AssocRICS qualified
CFM credential holders are eligible for direct entry into the AssocRICS qualification without completing the written assessment needed.
To become AssocRICS qualified you will need to complete and submit the direct entry enrolment application form below.
You will need to have the following to hand:
- Employer name and address
- Your ‘Candidate Declaration’ - which can be downloaded from the right of the page
Once successfully completed you will need to:
- Pay the relevant fees
This includes an application/election fee ($378 USD) and professional subscription fee once successfully AssocRICS qualified. RICS’ subscription fee is due every year on 01 January which will need to be paid alongside IFMA’s professional subscription fees.
Applying from outside of the US? Find out your fees.
- Complete the online RICS ethics module
As a professional body RICS has a responsibility to protect the public through ensuring our professionals operate to a high level of professional and ethical standards. To become RICS qualified, you must complete our ethics module. This consists of:
- An introduction to RICS Ethics covering the five ethical standards that underpin RICS professionals’ behaviour and how they relate to the regulatory framework
- A series of real-life case studies to apply your knowledge
- A multiple choice test online assessment consisting of 20 questions.
We will process your information in accordance with the Data Protection Act and full details of how we use your information can be found online.
If you do not wish to receive information from RICS about other products and services provided by our affiliates, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note, this will exclude all mailings except compulsory mailings, such as renewal notices and EGM information.
Read the next page in this section