Howden Windsor, professional indemnity insurance broker to more than1000 property, construction and engineering firms, are pleased to offer all RICS regulated firms a free-of-charge, no-obligation review of their professional indemnity insurance.
Howden Windsor, specialist professional indemnity insurance (PII) broker, is happy to provide insurance reviews, advice and quotations to all sizes of surveying firm including sole practitioners and start-ups.
For firms with a fee income of less than £750,000 we offer our RiskSurv product which, in addition to the high standard of service that Howden Windsor aim to provide all clients, incorporates the following benefits:
- Cover available from 'A' rated insurers
- Policy wording complies fully with the RICS minimum terms and in some cases exceeds it
- 15 months cover for the price of 12 may be available for start-up firms
- Ability to quote from the proposal form completed for existing insurance broker
- Premium payment via interest free direct debit or premium finance
- No additional charges for mid-term adjustments or document production
- Ability to provide quotes for public liability, employer's liability, office and contents, fleet and a range of other insurances
For larger firms, business which have operated in high risk areas, or those with poor claims records, our experienced broking team maintain strong relationships with the majority of RICS listed insurers and are currently one of the larger producers of PII premium to several key insurers to the surveying sector. We maintain regular dialogue with key influencers within the surveying sector including lenders, panel managers, solicitors and the RICS. These factors combine to help us deliver innovative insurance solutions at the right price.
As the RICS' preferred UK PII broker responsible for servicing the requirements of over 1000 property, construction and engineering firms ranging from sole practitioners to some of the worlds largest property consultancies, Howden Windsor has an in-depth understanding of the insurance requirements of surveying firms.
If you are affected by a notification or claim, we have an in-house PII claims team with more than 25 members of staff who maintain strong relationships with the claims department of many RICS listed insurers. Our claims team ensure that:
- You receive timely, expert advice in the event of a notification or claim
- The time your directors, partners and employees have to spend handling a notification is reduced
- You have an experienced claims handler working on your behalf and helping to protect your interests in negotiations with insurers and claimants
Howden Windsor publish regular e-bulletins (email email@example.com to sign up) on risk management and PII case law and representatives from Howden Windsor frequently speak at events and seminars for the surveying profession. All of our clients can make use of the services provided by our legal panel which facilitates access to insurance related legal advice and collateral warranty and terms of engagement reviews. For more generic legal advice on anything from probate law to employment law, we provide free of charge access to Legal Assistance Direct.
Our insurance factsheets are designed to provide frank guidance on a range of topics from understanding which insurances you might require to the process you should follow in the event of a claim.
If you would like to discuss any aspect of your insurance programme, whether you are considering starting up a new business, require a review of your existing insurance programme or you represent a firm that is experiencing problems obtaining renewal terms please contact the Howden Windsor Surveyors' team.
Emma Vigus or Samuel Fleck: 0800 019 0373
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org or visit their website for surveyors.
The Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors is an Introducer Appointed Representative of Howden Windsor, 16 Eastcheap, London, EC3M 1BD.
Read the next page in this section
Howden Windsor factsheets ›