When buying, leasing, selling or managing your property, it makes sense to seek advice from a trusted professional who can offer you their expertise and independent advice.

RICS professionals include surveyors, estate agents, lettings agents and property managers who have undergone extensive training and have a range of experience, which qualifies them to advise you in their area of expertise.

RICS professionals can be recognised by the following letters after their name:

  • AssocRICS

This is more than a guarantee of professional training and experience; RICS also ensures that members abide by strict rules of conduct.

As an ultimate safeguard, all RICS members are required to carry professional indemnity insurance, which protects the client’s position in the unlikely event of professional negligence.

RICS professionals:

  • give you clear, impartial and expert advice
  • act in your interest
  • are regulated and have to follow strict rules of conduct, including having in place professional indemnity insurance to protect you
  • have a specific set of rules and best practice guidance designed to help ensure they provide exceptional service
  • have to regularly update their skills and knowledge throughout their careers (known as CPD), so you can rely on their expertise

Look out for firms that are ‘Regulated by RICS’. Estate agents, property managers and surveying firms will use this phrase on their stationery and advertising material.

Watch our short video which explains why you should choose an RICS qualified sales or letting agent to handle your property transaction.

To use this video on your web page, copy and paste the following YouTube code into the HTML editor on your desired page:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/aO5lktpTR6o" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Alternatively, you can link to the page using this URL: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aO5lktpTR6o

Read the next page in this section