The purpose of this guidance note is to provide residential surveyors and valuers with information to assist in handling complaints and direct them towards more detailed guidance from RICS.
- The value of Terms of Engagement in reducing complaints
- Complaints handling procedures
- Understanding the requirements of your PII policy
- Why do clients complain?
- Underpinning good complaint handling
- Receiving a complaint – initial actions and responses
- Evaluating a complaint
- Initial response to the claimant
- Additional investigations
- Record keeping
- Learning from experience
- Identifying training needs
- Next PII renewal
Read the next page in this section