This paper addresses new developments where service charge apportionment strategy can be constructed simultaneously with the lease documentation.
In addition, the principles set out can be used when considering revising the apportionment of existing developments where the existing leases do not allow for apportionment to be amended.
The following topics are also considered:
- The purpose of a service charge
- The principal differences between residential and commercial service charges
- Principles of apportionment
- The apportionment matrix
- Alternative apportionment strategies
- Pedestrian/customer flow monitoring
Read the next page in this section