With the increased focus on the need for ethical practice and transparency in the residential property market this RICS professional statement sets out clearly the responsibilities of residential property agents to ensure they are working to the highest ethical and professional standards.
The 5th edition of the Blue Book, UK Residential Property Standards, has been archived as it has been superseded by the 6th edition. For a reference copy, please contact the RICS Library.
This professional statement covers:
- Real Estate Agency Code
- Real estate agency and brokerage and real estate management: RICS professional statement
- Standards and ethics
- Before securing instructions
- Acting for the seller or landlord: marketing the property
- Acting for the seller: implementing the sale or lease
- Acting for the buyer
- Acting for the landlord: letting the property
- Ending the instruction
Read the next page in this section