22 Jun 2015
In a competitive, global business environment, it is increasingly recognised that facilities management (FM) has a strategic role to play in the experience of the end user of buildings and facilities, and ultimately the success of the organisations operating from them.
In this third edition of RICS case studies we review a diverse range of stories across both the public and private sector and from around the globe. The important message that permeates all of these case studies is that facilities management needs to have a place at the heart of an organisation and be fully embedded and absolutely focused on delivering the mission and vision for that business.Whilst each of these case studies looks at a unique business each of them demonstrate how FM can achieve real strategic alignment with other parts of an organisation to add value.
This series of case studies which was launched at the NEC in Birmingham covers a fascinating range of strategic FM issues including:
- Delivering strategic FM services at NEC
- Procurement via partnership – FM in health and social care
- How introducing smart working practices has helped National Grid create a sustainable legacy
- Working to deliver FM services at the largest dedicated rugby union venue in the world, Twickenham
- Providing specialist Facilities Management consultancy services in the United Arab Emirates
- Facilitating business and pleasure at the world's busiest airport
If you would like to receive more information on RICS FM activity please contact me directly at email@example.com
Only Registered Members and Registered site users can comment on our content.
Please use the log in button to sign in and leave your comment.
Read the next page in this section