“The content of the presentations was excellent with extremely good presenters.”
If you’d like to learn the latest updates and technical guidance across built environment, land and property then this is a date to put in your diary. This popular conference offers essential and locally relevant solutions for implementation into your daily practice and provides you with a selection of break-out sessions tailored to meet your specific learning requirements.
The idea of the breakout sessions is to let you tailor your day to best meet your particular requirements in terms of your own professional development.
Everyone has different areas they are particularly interested in, so whether your focus is built environment, land or property there is a varied selection of topics designed specifically to help you.
Here is a small selection of what you’ll learn:
- Hear an update on the performance of the local economy in the context of the overall national picture
- Assess how RICS regulation processes help to bolster the reputation of the surveying profession
- Better understand how International Construction Measurement Standards (ICMS) will change day-to-day surveying practice and complement RICS’ existing suite of international standards
- Assess UK Housing policy in the wake of the 2017 General Election and discuss how planners, developers and property owners are being incentivised to help solve housing shortages
- Learn more about how environmental factors such as contamination of land are affecting the region.
As well as breakout sessions, your day also covers an essential round up of key developments in your region. This will help you to explore the potential challenges and opportunities facing your business in the next 12 months.
Not just a day of CPD
As well as bringing industry leading speakers to your doorstep to help enhance your career, your day also provides you with some dedicated time to network.
We all know networking is a vital part of working in our sector, but as a busy professional we can find it struggle to find the time to do this effectively.
With this in mind, we have set aside time to give you a chance to catch up with your peers in your region. One of these is a two-course hot lunch (which is included free for anyone attending the whole day) while you connect with colleagues old and new
This year we are introducing RICS conference app to all CPD Days to enhance your event experience.
With it you can:
- Interact with the speakers via polling and live Q&A sessions to ensure your burning questions as answered.
- Get access to all the speaker presentations and save these to your desktop for future reference. This means you’ll miss nothing important on the day.
- View up-to-the-minute session details, including full speaker bios.
- Add your own notes while the session is being delivered.
- Use the advanced networking feature to interact and engage with fellow attendees. The app provides a great way to catch up and follow up if you miss them during the networking sessions.
- Use it on any device. It’s built to work on laptops, tablets and smartphones so no matter how you choose to interact you can be certain it will work for you.
Is this right for me?
We have put a lot of work into creating a day we are confident will add great value to your career and business, but we’re not expecting you to just take our word for it.
Every year we ask attendees to let us know what they thought of the day. Here are a few of their comments:
“Event was really good way of updating my knowledgebase. I enjoyed it and felt it went very well. ”
“Interesting and good value conference.”
“Excellent day overall, thank you everyone who had a part in putting it together.”
Here's what to do next
The price for this value packed day is:
|RICS member full day rate
||£155 + VAT
|RICS member half day rate*
||£100 + VAT
|Non-member full day rate
||£209.25 + VAT
|Non-member half day rate*
||£135 + VAT
*If you wish to book a half day, please select either three morning sessions or three afternoon sessions and enter voucher code: VHR0000628 to obtain the correct rate. This voucher code is to be used on half day bookings only.
We’ve also got some great group discounts when you book your seats together with your colleagues:
- Book 3 or more places and get 10% off
- Book 5 or more places and get 15% off
- Book 7 or more places and get 20% off
We can only offer one discount per person. This cannot be used in conjunction with any other offer from RICS Conferences.
Make sure you don’t miss out on what promises to be a great CPD day.