With the government’s commitment to boost investment in the telecoms industry and the impeding Electronic Communications Code expected to come into effect in December 2017, we are already seeing major disruption in the sector.
Network services are experiencing unprecedented demands and the growth of new markets such as smart cities and Internet of Things are opening up more opportunities for operators and landowners.
This year’s RICS Telecoms Forum Conference comes at the perfect time and will offer a variety of high profile speakers to discuss how the sector is ever evolving and how you can be better prepared for the future. In addition, you will hear the latest updates in planning law and regulation to ensure you remain compliant and can mitigate any risks to your business.
It’s about more than just telecoms
Networking is a critical part of working in this sector, but as a busy professional it can be a struggle to find the time to do this effectively.
With this in mind we’ve set aside time in the day to give you a chance to catch up with your peers and network with our expert panel of speakers; for example, the two-course networking lunch (which is included in the price of your ticket) where you can enjoy a selection of tasty food while catching up with colleagues old and new.
As part of the conference we’re also bringing together a group of key exhibitors. These are specially chosen to be relevant and of potential value to your business. You can walk around and browse at your leisure.
On top of that, attending the event also gives you 5.5 hours of formal CPD to tick off against your annual 20-hour requirement.
Here’s a sample of what your day will involve
The main purpose of the conference is to add value to your practice. Here’s some of what we’ll be covering:
- Join a panel discussion and listen to expert opinion on the life cycle of a site move. Understand the legal agreements between a landowner and an operator/tenant if the former decides to develop a site and how this is likely to impact on all parties involved.
- Update your understanding of the Digital Economy Act, including the government’s 5G strategy, broadband policy, roll out in the UK and future opportunities.
- Hear the latest on the The Code of Practice, its components, implementation and improved collaboration between all parties.
- Understand the potential impacts of the revisions to the Electronic Communications Code, what it means for operators and landowners, impact of Brexit and key legal updates.
- Receive the exciting update on 5G trial in the UK: testing 5G fixed wireless access technology and rolling out of small cells to deliver 5G in the UK.
Our primary focus is on providing you an interesting, diverse and relevant range of subjects. In addition to an industry-leading group of speakers and content, when you attend you can also expect...
A great tool to make your day even more valuable
Last year we introduced the RICS conference app to enhance your conference experience, and it’s only available to people who register for the conference. In addition, our attendees receive access to content maps. Find out more about the benefits of the conference app and mind maps.
Here’s what to do next
The price of this conference is £260+VAT for RICS Professionals. However, if you book before 22 September you will benefit from the special early bird discount, so your ticket is just £235, a saving of £25.
For non-RICS Professionals the conference is £351, and you can also enjoy an early bird discount.
We’ve also got some great group discounts when you book together with your colleagues:
- Book three or more places and get 10% off
- Book five or more places and get 15% off
- Book seven or more places and get 20% off.
As soon as you’ve placed your booking you’ll get an email from us confirming your place with further details on what happens next.
Time is of the essence
Places at the conference are strictly limited to 400 seats. We’ve let over 5,000 RICS Professionals know about the dilapidations conference, and that doesn’t include all the non-RICS Professionals who will be looking at coming for the first time.
We expect the places to sell out fast, so don’t miss out!
Is this right for me?
If you’ve read this far, there’s a good chance you’ve got a sense that this is going to be something you can’t afford to miss. We think this is going to be an incredibly valuable day for you, but we’re not expecting you to just take our word for it.
Every year we ask attendees to let us know what they thought of the day. Here are a few of their comments:
“Best Telecoms Forum event so far!”
“An excellent event. Put together well, great speakers.”
“Best conference yet.”
“A very high quality of speakers this year.”
We’re immensely proud of the positive reaction the conference gets year on year and are confident that this year the event will be even better thanks to your feedback and input.
Spaces truly are limited so claim your place now before it’s too late.
We’re offering you a place at the Telecoms Forum Conference 2017 where leading experts will show you the critical updates, strategies and tactics that apply right now.
The conference is £235 for RICS Professionals, £317 for non-RICS Professionals. These are EARLY BIRD prices that expire on 22 September 2017 when the price will go up.
As you know, the speed of technological change is ever increasing. Network services are experiencing unprecedented demands alongside the growth of new markets. These are having a domino effect on various sectors, including infrastructure, property and telecoms.
The new Code of Practice is likely to come into effect on 1 December 2017 which is one week after the conference. The conference offers an excellent opportunity to learn more about the key changes to the code and how to deal with transactions surrounding access to property and installation of equipment.
On top of that you’re also getting some excellent networking opportunities, as well as a two course lunch which is included in the price of your ticket.
You’ll also get 5.5 hours formal CPD for attending.
As a visitor, we’ll be giving you exclusive access to our event app which works on any device (mobile, laptop and tablet). This lets you download every presentation, ask speakers questions, make real time notes, carry our enhanced networking, and maximises your conference experience.
We’ll send you content maps for every single session after the conference. These are mind maps which visually help you quickly and easily reference the learning points and actions.
This is a very limited offer as there are only 400 places available, but this offer is being made to over 5,000 members (and many more non-members).
|RICS member Early Bird price*
||£235 + VAT
|RICS non-member Early Bird price*
||£317 + VAT
|RICS member standard price
||£260 + VAT
||£351 + VAT
*Bookings before 22 September benefit from Early Bird pricing
Join the RICS Telecoms Forum
Our forum provides a network for all surveying professionals with an interest in the telecoms sector. It's free and you can join online. Find out more and join
show full programme
08.30 Registration and coffee
09.30 Chair’s opening remarks
Mark Talbot, Chair, RICS Telecoms Forum Board and Head of Estates & Property, Arqiva
09:35 Opening address
Amanda Clack, President, RICS
10:00 Keynote address: The Digital Economy Act
• The government’s 5G strategy
• Broadband policy and roll out in the UK
• Future opportunities and challenges
Gareth Holvey, Head of 5G Policy, DCMS
10.20 The Code of Practice
• Components of the Code of Practice
• Smooth implementation of long term reforms
• Facilitating engagement and collaboration between all parties
11:00 Networking break
11:30 Panel discussion: Life cycle of a site move
Interactive session where we will be hearing from various parties on the stages involved in a site move and what is required from the operator, the instructing party and the landlord to make a smooth transition.
Tom Gallivan, WHP Telecoms
Philip Morris, Director, Cell:cm
Zoe Wright, Partner, Shoosmiths
13:50 Next generation technology – how will it affect the workforce?
• Pooling industry’s common interests
• Working together and starting a new conversation
• How will our living and working space look like?
14:30 Smart Cities and the telecoms industry
• Smart cities: what are they?
• The role of telecommunications for smart cities
• Opportunities for the telecoms industry
14:55 The potential impacts of the revisions to the Electronic Communications Code
• What does this mean for operators and landowners?
• Transitional arrangements
• Impact of Brexit under current legal system
• Key legal updates
15:25 Networking break
15:55 Unleashing Britain's full fibre future
• The changing ladnscape of the nation's communications infrastructure
• Full fibre infrastructure as future-proof platform for innovation
• Supporting and accelerating UK's full fibre future
Mark Collins, Director of Strategy & Public Affairs, CityFibre
16:30 5G trial in the UK
• Testing 5G fixed wireless access technology
• Rolling out small cells to deliver 5G in the UK
• An alternative technology to fibre optics?
John Lillistone, Head of Products - Telecoms, Arqiva
Caroline Gabriel, Research Director & Co-Founder, Rethink Technology Research
17:00 Chair’s closing remarks
Mark Talbot, Chair, RICS Telecoms Forum Board and Head of Estates & Property, Arqiva
17:10 Close of conference