The RICS Accredited Diploma in Arbitration is focussed specifically on property, the built environment and related sectors and will equip you with the essential skills and high-level expertise to progress a career in arbitration.
Successful completion of the Diploma in Arbitration entitles candidates to be considered for vacancies on the RICS President’s Panel of Arbitrators.
- An introduction to the process of arbitration.
- The application of English law, the law of tort, the law of contract and the law of evidence to arbitration.
- The arbitration agreement and appointment.
- Interlocutory applications and arbitration process.
- Requirements for preparation of a valid Arbitration award.
- How to write a valid Arbitration award.
What is the course format?
Spread over 18 months, this course is comprised of 4 modules and is conducted as a distance-learning course.
Full course information can be found in the brochure on the right of this page.
This course will give delegates the opportunity to complete additional assessments in order to attain fellowship of CIArb, subject to peer interview.
Modules, dates and pricing
show full programme
The diploma includes the below modules:
Module 1 (Award in Arbitration)
- Introduction to arbitration
- The process of arbitration
- The application of English law to arbitration
- The application of contract law to arbitration
- The application of tort law to arbitration
- The application of evidence law to arbitration
- Arbitration agreement and appointment
- Interlocutory applications and arbitration process
- Requirements for preparation of a valid arbitration award
- Write a valid arbitration award
Price Excl. VAT
£4,212.00 for RICS members
£4,212.00 for non-members