Isurv access is included for free for the duration of the course
Valuation underpins all property-based transactions. Consequently, many instruct and rely upon a professional property valuation in order to fully understand the transaction and the positions of the various parties involved. Through case-study work and real-life scenarios, this course has been designed to give you the detailed practical knowledge required for residential valuation, focusing on the main competencies of valuation practice. This includes guidance and best practice on how to write Red book complaint reports. This will ensure that any valuation report meets RICS as well as international standards.
This course will give you the breadth of knowledge required to apply the principles of residential valuation on a day to day basis. Covering all key aspects of residential valuation, this course will give a full breakdown of the process for creating a residential property valuation to RICS and international standards.
Who would this course benefit?
- APC and Assoc. candidates who are on the valuation or commercial property pathway or other candidates
- Any other professionals with at least 2 years of experience in valuation or who have completed the RICS Valuation Foundation Programme and wish to specialise or work with residential property valuations.
- Professionals who need to create or work with commercial valuations on a day to day basis including valuers and professionals working in finance functions or departments who use residential valuation reports as part of their decision making process.
From the trainer
If you work for a big residential valuation provider you will have access to in house training - you are the lucky few. I did not have access to residential focused learning material and this made my role challenging. The academic literature available in this area is limited, most study at a higher level is about commercial valuation. This course gives residential valuation the focus it deserves and adds depth and breadth to support practicing valuers and APC candidates.
By the end of this course, you will be able to:
- Describe and apply the relevant drivers of value in local, national and international residential markets.
- List the main purpose of a residential valuation including understanding and identifying client requirements
- Identify relevant stakeholders; their role and purpose as part of the valuation process
- Source, analyse and interpret the information required from reliable and relevant sources
- Apply relevant RICS and international standards, including International Property Measurement Standards to a residential inspection and valuation
- Carry out a competent valuation inspection using a checklist and distinguish from a residential survey.
- Reproduce Valuation Standard compliant terms of engagement and valuation reports
To see the full course content, please click on Show Full Programme below