The PRINCE2 project management method focuses on the management aspects of a project, rather than specialist areas such as design. Once you have mastered the management principles of PRINCE2, integrating the inputs from these specialists into construction projects following the PRINCE2 methodology can be achieved easily, and also provides a secure overall framework for the project work.
This interactive e-learning course will teach you the fundamental skills, applied in context to a project, and clearly outline the benefits of adopting PRINCE2 methodology.
The PRINCE2 method is in the public domain, and offers non-proprietorial best practice guidance on project management.
Upon reaching the end of each course, candidates will have a gained the required knowledge to be able to:
- Identify characteristics and context of a project and the benefits of adopting PRINCE2
- Determine the purpose of the PRINCE2 roles, management products and themes
- Apply PRINCE2 principles
- Define the objectives and context of the PRINCE2 processes.
Who is this course for?
The PRINCE2® Foundation course is aimed at new project managers and those aspiring to be project managers. It is also relevant to other key staff involved in the design, development and delivery of projects that may use this framework - this can include: Project Board members (e.g. Senior Responsible Owners), Team Managers (e.g. Product Delivery Managers), Project Assurance (e.g. Business Change Analysts), Project Support (e.g. Project and Programme Office personnel) and operational line managers/staff.
To see the full course programme, see below
show full programme
This course is made up of the following 7 sections:
Part 1 – Course Introduction
- The history, need for and benefits of PRINCE2
Part 2 – PRINCE2 Overview & Principles
- Key Elements of PRINCE2
- The PRINCE2 Manual
- Structure of a PRINCE2 Project
Part 3 – PRINCE2 Processes
- The PRINCE2 Process Model
- Process and Sub-Process Summary
- Information Flow
- Process Model Walkthrough
Part 4 – PRINCE2 Themes 1
- Business Case
Part 5 – PRINCE2 Themes 2
- Example of a PRINCE2 project
- Printable PRINCE2 documents
PRINCE2 Exam Technique*
- How to approach the PRINCE2 Foundation Exam
- Mock Exam Simulator
- Featuring sample questions from the PRINCE2
- Foundation Examination
* Supports delegates who are completing the exam for the PRINCE2® formal qualification.
End of Course Assessment
On completion of the e-learning course you will receive a RICS Certificate confirming that you have successfully completed the PRINCE2 Foundation course.
If you are purchasing the course with formal qualification exam.
The PRINCE2 exam will provide you with the formal qualification. The format is 70 multiple choice where a minimum of 35 correctly answered questions are required to pass. The duration of the exam is 60 minutes and delegates are not permitted a text book.