The RICS Code of Measuring Practice no longer applies to office measurements. Instead, members should follow Part 1 of the new PS which advises on how to measure in line with IPMS for Office Buildings.
The Code, now globally applicable, continues to provide guidance and is still best practice on how to measure all other property types, RICS strongly advises members to continue use the Code.
RICS members undertaking office measurements must be able to demonstrate compliance if called upon by RICS Regulation as Part 1 of the PS is mandatory.
- Identify the changes to RICS measuring practice
- Explain the key elements of IPMS: Office Buildings
- Measure in line with IPMS and the professional statement
- Understand the work of the IPMS coalition and their vision for global property measurement
- Apply IPMS standards to their existing measurement practices
- Understand the obligations on space measurement professionals
- Produce IPMS-compliant measurement reports
You need to complete both parts of this elearning course and the final exam to receive your certificate of completion and claim your CPD:
Part 1: Changes to Measurement Practice
Part 2: IPMS Office Buildings
Who is this for?
- Property Managers
- Property Developers
- Estate Agents
- Quantity Surveyors
- Cost Engineers
- Cost Managers
- Facilities Managers
- Property Investors