The course goes on further to relate Time, Cost and Quality issues to relevant Clauses, followed by JCT Dispute Resolution mechanisms. The course is interactive and features quick fire questions along with 2 detailed case studies which enable the delegates to test their newly acquired knowledge.
February start date session schedule
||1 February 2018 15:00 - 16:30 (UK Time)
||8 February 2018 15:00 - 16:30 (UK Time)
||15 February 2018 15:00 - 16:30 (UK Time)
- Understand how to select the correct JCT Contract
- Have knowledge of the parties, their roles and functions.
- Understand Contract provisions relating to Time, Cost and Quality
- Understand fundamental clauses within the JCT
- Have a greater awareness of JCT and Dispute Resolution
- Have increased confidence in dealing with Contracts
Who Should Attend?
- Project Managers
- Quantity Surveyors
- Contract Administrators
- Building Surveyors
- APC / PER Candidates on Construction based pathways
Session 1- Introduction, Contract Selection, Roles and Responsibilities, Structure and Content of JCT
- Introduction to JCT Suite of Contracts
- What constitutes a contract?
- Selecting the correct JCT Contract
- Who’s Who in the JCT
- Structure and Content
- Jargon Busters!
Session 2 – Time, Cost and Quality
- Introduction to Project Success
- Clauses relating to Time : Relevant Events, Delays, Extension of Time, and obligations of Contractor and Architect
- Clauses relating to Cost : Payments, Valuing Variations, Loss and Expense
- Clauses relating to Quality : Instructions, Defective Works, Practical Completion
- Case Study No. 1 – Interactive Session
Session 3- Dispute Resolution
- Hierarchy of JCT Dispute Resolution
- Case Study No. 2 – Interactive Session