This class takes an in-depth look at the common forms of dampness and how it affects buildings. It includes an explanation of the common causes of dampness, the consequences and rectification of rising damp, penetrating damp and condensation. The trainer will advise on diagnosis and investigation techniques and the use of damp meters and other instruments.
By attending this web class you will be able to:
- Identify the main causes of damp affecting buildings
- Differentiate between the different types of damp present
- Advise on the consequences of damp and its spreading effect on buildings.
Who should attend
- General practice surveyors undertaking domestic property inspections,
- Property professionals from other pathways wishing to improve their knowledge of property defects
- Graduate/junior building surveyors.