Can't see a date in your location? Click here
*Early Bird offer - Book online & save 10%
Special offer applies to Training courses booked 6 or more weeks in advance of the course date. Available to members and non-members.
This training will walk you through each stage of the process, articulate your role as a supervisor or counsellor and describe the way you can best support your candidates to confidently progress through the different stages.
You will learn how to differentiate between competency levels and show candidates how to demonstrate their competence in writing as well as during their interview. Furthermore, you will be shown how to break down the assessors questioning style and demonstrate how this will be used during the final assessment.
With the help of a highly experienced assessor you will have plenty of opportunity to ask questions and put your knowledge into practice through interactive exercises
This course should be mandatory for Counsellors to attend before they are able to sign off APC candidates
- Describe the different stages of the APC process
- Identify the role, responsibilities and requirements of the supervisor, the counsellor and the assessor
- Differentiate between competency levels 1, 2 and 3
- Illustrate what the RICS expects the trainee to be able to demonstrate at the Final Assessment and what they need to do to prepare
- Explain what the assessors are looking for during the Final Assessment
- Demonstrate the assessors questioning styles
This course is designed for
- Other individuals who are involved in supporting trainees to develop their competencies
- Candidate Training Managers
"The Becoming a Supervisor or Counsellor course enabled me to consider the process from a different angle and taught me some useful tips for planning the process with my candidate; I would highly recommend the course."
There are no course pre-requisites for this course.
To aid and improve your learning experience at the course, please read before hand and bring a copy with you of the following documents:
- APC Candidate Guide
- APC Requirements and Competencies Guide
- Supervisor & Counsellor Guide
- APC Pathway Guide
- It would be worth bringing along a copy of your candidate's final assessment templates to refer to during the training.
What is included
- Course Workbook
- Certificate of training course attendance
More locations are available
Register your interest for this course in your desired location (if you can't already see it). As as soon as we have 5 people for a particular location, we'll email you with the course date, time and venue. Why not share this course with colleagues?
View the locations that you can book right now on the left hand side of this page.
show full programme
This course will cover:
- APC walk through
- Roles and responsibilities
- Final Assessment templates
- Case study
- Assessors perspective
- Candidate competency
- Final Assessment
- Rules of conduct
- Support & resources