The course will cover every stage of the process, understanding competencies and how to assess them, and what is required at the Final Assessment.
This course should be mandatory for Counsellors to attend before they are able to sign off APC candidates
By the end of the course, you will be able to:
- Describe the APC process
- Understand and articulate the role, responsibilities and requirements of the supervisor and counsellor
- Differentiate between competency levels 1, 2 and 3
- Understand what the RICS expects the trainee to be able to demonstrate at the Final Assessment and what they need to do to prepare
- Understand what the assessors are looking for during the Final Assessment.
This course is designed for
- Training managers
- Other individuals who are involved in supporting trainees to develop their competencies.
"The Becoming a Supervisor or Counsellor course enabled me to consider the process from a different angle and taught me some useful tips for planning the process with my candidate; I would highly recommend the course."
There are no course pre-requisites for this course.
To aid and improve your learning experience at the course, please read before hand and bring a copy with you of the following documents:
- APC Candidate Guide
- APC Requirements and Competencies Guide
- Supervisor & Counsellor Guide
- APC Pathway Guide
- It would be worth bringing along a copy of your candidate's final assessment templates to refer to during the training.
What is included
- Course Workbook
- Certificate of training course attendance
*Early Bird Offer:
Please note - The early bird special offer only applies to Training courses booked by RICS members three or more months in advance of the course date.
Get this training course delivered In-House
Find out more about getting this course delivered in-house for your team, tailored to your business requirements and at a location to suit you. Call the In-House team today on +44 (0)207 695 1613 to discuss your requirements.
show full programme
This course will cover:
- The APC Process
- The role of the supervisor and counsellor
- Guidance on RICS requirements
- Understanding the different levels of competency and assessing candidates against them
- The critical analysis - choosing the right project
- Preparing for the final assessment, what a candidate needs
- How do assessors assess, and how is the decision made
Similar to this
Seminar Nottingham, 26 Jan 2017
Conference Stirling, 27 Apr 2017