The course will also include a number of workshops where delegates will be preparing a mock compensation claim in various circumstances and considering these from the point of view of the Acquiring Authority as well as the claimant.
By the end of the course, you will be able to:
- Understand the process of making a Compulsory Purchase Order
- Appreciate how the Public Inquiry process works
- Construct a compensation claim
- Identify claimable items
- Confidently present a Compulsory Purchase Claim
- Understand how the relevant legislation and case law affects claims
- Calculate the compensation entitlement when no land is taken
- Implement the necessary procedure to settle disputes
Who is it for?
This course is suitable for experienced, graduate surveyors and property lawyers that might encounter the compulsory acquisition of land during the course of their work.
There are no pre-requisites for this course as the basic principles are examined as part of the course.
What is included
Comprehensive course manual
Group exercise preparing a mock compensation claim
Certificate of training course attendance
Lunch and refreshments
*Early Bird Offer:
Please note - The early bird special offer only applies to Training courses booked by RICS members three or more months in advance of the course date.
Get this training course delivered In-House
Find out more about getting this course delivered in-house for your team, tailored to your business requirements and at a location to suit you. Call the In-House team today on +44 (0)207 695 1613 to discuss your requirements.
show full programme
- An overview of the CPO process
- Challenging a CPO
- The components of the Claim
- Severance and no land taken claims
- Calculating the claim with a real life scenario where delegates will work in groups with some acting for the Acquiring Authority and others for the claimant
- The presentation of the claim and responses
- CPO dispute process