Can't see a date in your location? Click here
*Early Bird offer - Book online & save 10%
Special offer applies to Training courses booked 6 or more weeks in advance of the course date. Available to members and non-members.
100% of delegates would recommend this course*
This course will address the main causes of disputes that are predominantly related to time, cost and quality as well as exploring different methods of dispute settlement including mediation, adjudication and arbitration.
By exploring key aspects of the contract, you will be provided with essential knowledge and best practices that can be applied on the delivery of your own projects and improve your ability to better manage project risks.
- Identify the clauses, explore the definition and discuss practical examples in JCT 2016 Standard Building Contract that relate to time, cost, quality and dispute resolution
- Apply clauses to real world inspired scenarios through group exercises and discussions of simulated contract situations
- Select an appropriate dispute resolution process under JCT 2016
- Deal with typical problems such as delays, loss and expense and extensions of time
- Discuss and analyse JCT 2016 key changes in the contract
The day will cover time, quality, cost and dispute resolution using the trainer’s practical experience and best practice methods. As part of the session, case studies will assign you as the new contract administrator who is responsible for proposing a solution to project issues related to variations, extensions of time, loss and expense, as well as dispute resolution options and other outstanding and unresolved matters.
Delegates are required to bring along their own copy of the JCT 2016 Standard Building Contract
Who Should Attend
- Contract Administrators, Contractors, Sub-Contractors and Suppliers
- Commercial Managers
- Quantity Surveyors and Project Managers
- Architects, Engineers and other Construction Professionals who regularly advise clients or Contractors in the building and construction industry.
Course pre requisites
Delegates are required to bring along their own copy of the JCT Standard Building Contract, as this will be referred to throughout the course and will be required for the practical exercises.
If you don't have your own copies, you can order them online from RICS Shop.
Find out more about getting this course delivered in-house for your team, tailored to your business requirements and at a location to suit you. Call the In-House team today on +44 (0)207 695 1613 to discuss your requirements.
*Results taken from course survey results, February 2017
More locations are available
Register your interest for this course in your desired location (if you can't already see it). As as soon as we have 5 people for a particular location, we'll email you with the course date, time and venue. Why not share this course with colleagues?
View the locations that you can book right now on the left hand side of this page.