Can't see a date in your location? Click here
*Early Bird offer - Book online & save 10%
Special offer applies to Training courses booked 6 or more weeks in advance of the course date. Available to members and non-members.
This course will cover all the factors that impact on the decision making process, including site appraisal, planning, development appraisal and development finance and how they take part on the overall development strategy.
You will get a full comprehension on the elements that need to be considered when setting up your strategy as well as considering the risks involved and ways to mitigate these.
- Identify the fundamentals of the development process and the valuation of development land
- Manage the process, up to the start of construction, either as an agent, other advisor or developer
- Recognise the different issues at the various stages of the development management process.
- Assess different methods of valuing development land and when to use the types of appraisals.
- Recognise the different methodologies for the assessment of both project and financial risk.
- Analyse types of development finance and how they can be accounted for in the valuation.
The trainer was excellent, her understanding and experience was very good and she explained it very well. She was also very patient with all questions. Very impressed! I learnt a lot.
Excellent course that I would and will highly recommend to colleagues.
The day details the development process and its stages, from initial concept of the strategy, implementation and construction, to the disposal. Critical elements such as the site acquisition strategy, legislation and planning permission will be also explored. Practical exercises will give you the opportunity to deal with issues related to site constraints, valuation, development appraisals and funding, besides sharing your knowledge with your trainer and colleagues.
Who should attend
- Trainees or newly qualified surveyors currently in the early stages of their career as either a valuation or development surveyor
- Senior surveyors with limited topic knowledge or looking at a career transition
- Project Managers
Find out more about getting this course delivered in-house for your team, tailored to your business requirements and at a location to suit you. Call the In-House team today on +44 (0)207 695 1613 to discuss your requirements.
More locations available
Register your interest for this course in your desired location (if you can't already see it). As as soon as we have 5 people for a particular location, we'll email you with the course date, time and venue. Why not share this course with colleagues?
View the locations that you can book right now on the left hand side of this page.