*Early Bird offer - Book online & save 10%
Special offer applies to Training courses booked 6 or more weeks in advance of the course date. Available to members and non-members.
The RICS Valuation – Professional Standards (the Red Book) is the mandatory standards that all valuers must adhere to.
This course will provide you with the essential skills to effectively interpret the Red Book standards into practice. Through a series of practical case studies, you will see how the Standards can be applied in different scenarios and what course of action you will need to take.
By the end of the course, you will be able to:
- Apply the Red Book Standards in practice
- Fulfil client requirements in accordance with the Red Book Standards
- Demonstrate to current and potential clients that your work meets the industry recognised Standards of best practice and excellence
- Produce valuation reports in accordance with Red Book Standards.
“I found that the course provided a focussed environment to learn complex elements of the red book compliance, as well as reinforcing countless elements I already had a vague understanding of. The comprehensive course handbook has also been fantastic tool to refer back to.”
The course is aimed at:
- Practising valuers who may undertake just a few valuations each year
- APC candidates completing their APC in valuation
- More senior valuers regularly undertaking Red Book valuations who want to check that they are complying with the latest, newly published version of the Red Book.
Please make sure you bring one or two typical reports (anonymised, as necessary) to the session for discussion in the workshop, in order to get the maximum benefit from the session.
Attendees should have a good practical understanding of the five methods of valuation.
What is included
- Comprehensive course manual
- Individual and group exercises
- Certificate of training course attendance
- Lunch and refreshments.
Get this training course delivered In-House
Find out more about getting this course delivered in-house for your team, tailored to your business requirements and at a location to suit you. Call the In-House team today on +44 (0)207 695 1613 to discuss your requirements.
show full programme
- Introduction to structure, aims and purpose of International Valuation
- Standards and the RICS Red Book
- Qualifications, disclosure and compliance
- Terms of engagement
- Bases of Value
- Using Depreciated Replacement Cost
- Investigations and inspections
- Valuation reports - the basic requirements
- Putting this into practice - what the client wants to see, and why
- Differences in valuation reports when:
- Valuing for accounts
- Valuing for commercial lending
- Valuing for sale/acquisition
- Regulated Purpose valuations
- Investment properties
- Development properties
- Dealing with uncertainty
- Contamination and flooding
- Disclosures in the report.