We have several membership assessments - see which one suits you.
What do I need to do?
To qualify as a chartered surveyor you will need to demonstrate your competence in your chosen pathway. This is done through written submission and a final assessment interview. You will need to provide:
- A summary of your experience against the competencies set out in your chosen pathway – 3,000 to 4,000 words on the technical competencies and 1,500 words on the mandatory competencies
- A case study of 3,000 words on one of your recent projects which demonstrate your technical ability
- A record of 20-48 hours of continuing professional development (CPD) annually (depending on your level of elegibility)
How long will it take me to qualify?
Depending on the eligibility criteria you fit into, you can qualify within 6 months - 5 years.
What do I have to do next?
Once you have chosen the pathway you want to complete, you will need to enrol for the APC. Before you enrol, you will need to:
- obtain proof of your relevant qualification(s)
- you will need to have an RICS member as a counsellor who will support you through the assessment. You will need your counsellor’s RICS membership number
- decide on your preferred payment method.
Use our join wizard to find out which route is right for you.
Our senior professional assessment is available to individuals with leadership and management responsibilities who are recognised for their impact and career progression.
Our specialist assessment is available to individuals who are delivering enhanced services within an RICS discipline (pathway) and are recognised for their impact and authority.
You may be eligible for direct entry to chartered membership and could qualify without having to undertake the written submission.
Get in touch
t +1 212 847 7400
f +1 212 682 1295
Read the next page in this section