We’re very pleased to announce the re-institution of the University Accreditation program in the Americas.
Accreditation of a university degree program is a quality assurance process which ensures the program meets the specific needs of students wishing to become RICS members. Graduation from such programs will allow students to undertake a 2 or 3 year structured training program while being employed by recognized firms, in preparation for their Assessment of Professional Competency (APC).
Recently Johns Hopkins University (JHU)of the Greater DC area has joined the list of schools that offer accredited programs. These schools currently include New York University (NYU), the University of British Columbia (UBC) and the University of Wisconsin (UW). There is a growing list of top-quality universities which are being considered for this program, which will lead to a growing number of well-qualified students entering the work force.
The Americas Education and Standards Board consists of the following members:
- Doug Johannson FRICS, (Chair) Principal - Avison Young Commercial Real Estate
- Tim Gifford FRICS, Senior Vice President - CBRE Capital Markets
- Liam Day FRICS, Managing Director – BCQS International, Inc.
- Joshua Kitsul MRICS, Appraisal Consultant -- Garnett Wilson Realty Advisors
- Chris Bailey FRICS, Vice President -- STV Inc.
- Bruce Kellogg FRICS, RICS Americas Board Member and Valuation Council Chair
Read the next page in this section