Our isurv Infrastructure channel has now launched. It is the only market resource to offer cutting-edge information on all the major lifecycle stages of an infrastructure project.
Tapping into the knowledge of senior industry experts including major clients, consultants and contractors, isurv Infrastructure brings together what you need in order to understand the issues and constraints any project can face. It features just under 30 sections of original content at its "soft launch", as well as relevant expert content from other isurv channels: Construction, Planning and Sustainability.
Infrastructure projects tend by their nature to be high cost and high risk. Public and private financing arrangements can be very complex, as are the various aspects of commercial management, programme management and planning. The fallout from expensive failures, together with the obvious economic challenges of recent years, have ensured continued constraints on financial resources and that infrastructure provision remains politicised. Add this to the issues of media scrutiny and public safety, and the high level of exposure associated with "not getting it right" quickly becomes clear.
The Infrastructure channel follows a clear structure and begins with a high-level overview of core areas, such as defining infrastructure and outlining the various forms of physical infrastructure at different spatial scales. It also details technical requirements across certain modes of transport and water and drainage. It moves on to cover other essential areas such as contracts and commercial management, design, procurement and asset management. In recent years there has been increasing recognition of the essential role of so-called "soft skills" in ensuring successful project delivery. In the channel taxonomy this is reflected in brand new sections on stakeholder engagement and project and programme controls. Learning the lessons of unsuccessful projects is also addressed in this context.
A broad overview of the main areas covered by channel
isurv Infrastructure can help you:
- Make better informed decisions when responding to client needs – written by professionals for professionals, gain access to relevant technical information which is frequently updated. Having this knowledge base can increase your confidence and enhance your reputation.
- Save considerable time and effort – isurv Infrastructure provides a portal of industry-specific knowledge tailored to your interests and requirements.
- Explore new business opportunities – use vast industry intelligence to understand the processes and constraints that face your project in other sectors. Use this knowledge to be more competitive and improve your position to win work.
- Train your staff at all levels – Train and upskill staff at all stages of their career in-line with best practice, creating a more efficient workforce.
What is to come?
The channel will continue to grow significantly after the initial launch. The following is an indicative plan for future sections:
- Project management
- Sustainable infrastructure
- Technical requirements for roads
Further ahead (highlights only):
- Infrastructure claims
- Infrastructure contract arrangements
- Resourcing strategies
- Technical requirements for rail
Read the next page in this section