Mrs. Elizabeth Stair, FRICS, was appointed as a Member of the Order of Distinction in the rank of Officer during Jamaica’s National Honors and Awards in August 2014 for her outstanding contribution to the improvement of land administration in the country, and the integration of a comprehensive Land Information System.
She also subsequently received a Public Sector Champion Award in September from Thomson Reuters for “Excellence in Business Process Transformation”.
Elizabeth Stair was appointed Chief Executive Officer of the National Land Agency (NLA) in September 2000 and Commissioner of Lands in 2001.
Prior to her appointment, she held two posts concurrently - Commissioner of Land Valuations and acting Commissioner of Lands.
As the NLA is a merger of the land administration functions in Jamaica, she is responsible for surveys and mapping, land titles, valuations and the management of Crown Lands.
Mrs. Stair studied at the Polytechnic of the South Bank, U.K. where she was awarded a BSc in Estate Management. She is a member of a number of local and international associations:
- Fellow of the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors, United Kingdom (F.R.I.C.S)
- Member of the Association of Land Economy and Valuation Surveyors, Jamaica
- Honorary Member - Realtors Association of Jamaica
- Honorary Member of the National Society of Real Estate Appraisers, USA
She currently serves on several boards:
- Town and Country Planning Authority
- Real Estate Board
- Jamaica National Heritage Trust
- Land Development and Utilisation Commission
Mrs. Stair is also a part-time lecturer in the Faculty of the Built Environment at the University of Technology, Jamaica and is an assessor for the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors.
Read the next page in this section