This update represents the halfway point in the calendar year and the closing of RICS Americas' 2014/15 financial year.
So far this year we have held an event every month and are, therefore, on target to provide approximately 10 hours of Formal CPD in 2015 for members in the Tri-State region. Our goal is to bring you a program of relevant and varied educational and networking sessions at cost or free.
Highlights this year include the international investors event in January to coincide with the AFIRE conference and the inaugural Commercial Property Monitor Event in April. Both events offered attendees exclusive insight and access to globally renowned investors and thought leaders in our industry. We hope to recreate both of these events in 2016.
If you hadn't heard, last month approximately 400 property professionals descended on Los Angeles for the 2015 RICS summit of the Americas. It was a world-class conference with many poignant messages. Click here to check out the various videos and write-ups.
Over the past 3 years we have expanded our reach to members in Pennsylvania, a state that didn't previously have a local committee function. Justin Johnston-Taki has been instrumental in this process and this month passes the reins to Leanne Read (Glaxo Smith Klein) as he takes the next step in his career with Grosvenor in London. Thank you, Justin and bon voyage! You will be missed.
Two other new members joined the Tri-State Chapter Committee in the past year: Claire Prosser (University & College Outreach) and Antony Kamath (Government Relations). The whole committee is listed below:
Here are our current committee members:
- Christopher Turner (Colliers International) - Chair
- Guy Benn (Savills Studley) - Marquee Events
- Lex Blakeley-Glover (VVA) - Events
- Ellen Epstein (AARC Group) - Mentoring
- Fred McDonald Jr (Popular Community Bank) - Mentoring
- Claire Prosser (Mace) - University & College Outreach
- Alfred Ojejinmi (Presbeuo Group) - NJ
- Leanne Read (GSK) - PA
- Antony Kamath (International Valuation & Advisory) - Government Relations
As we approach the end of the Institution's financial year we will be updating the Chapter Plan to reflect our goals and aspirations for 2015/16. This is your chance to contribute. We are looking for two things at this time:
1) members to get involved with the Tri-State chapter. Joining the Chapter Committee will give you a chance to shape the future of the Chapter, help organize events, build your network and resume and satisfy approximately half of your annual CPD requirement.
2) feedback on events or other items pertaining to RICS in the Tri-State region.
Please contact me if you would like discuss the current opportunities within the Chapter.
Have a great summer. I look forward to seeing you later in the year!
Christopher D. Turner MRICS
Read the next page in this section