This online course offers you a real opportunity for career change or progression in your current role and is applicable to both commercial and public sectors.
The interactive sessions are designed to aid your understanding and application of concepts and techniques learned during the course. Upon completion of the course, you will have a wealth of knowledge and tools to apply in the workplace to ensure that all property and facilities resources are delivering value for money.
A range of learning activities supported by the RICS Online Academy is designed to help candidates gain confidence to study successfully and complete the course. In addition, candidates will be asked to select small case studies and projects from their work environment and will have the opportunity to share and exchange work experiences with their peers around the world.
Who is this course for?
Our CRE and FM Certificate course is ideal for professionals who have worked in the corporate and commercial real estate and facilities management sector for at least 2 years. It is suitable for property managers, asset managers, facilities managers, project managers and all those who want to improve the efficiency, effectiveness and value for money of the property or facilities services that they manage on behalf of the organisation.
From the trainer
Facilities Management is one of those disciplines that brings something new to deal with every day – this is what keeps it interesting! In this context, the RICS Corporate Real Estate & Facilities Management distance learning course will provide you with an understanding of the issues you are likely to face and more importantly some ideas about how they can be brought to a successful conclusion for both yourself and your organisation.
How this course will help you:
Upon completion of the course, candidates will be able to use these globally applicable knowledge and skills in corporate real estate and facility management, and be able to optimise the operational and economic benefits of effective management of corporate facilities. Candidates who successfully complete the course will be able to:
- Articulate and interpret the role of CRE and FM in the overall competitive strategy of the organisation in the context of when, where, what type and on what terms real estate services will be demanded
- Critically consider the aims of the corporate real estate and facilities manager in managing the property of an organisation
- Recognise and analyse the various factors that influence the choice of a property for the business to occupy and the nature of the tenure
- Critically evaluate the issues in acquiring and disposing of operational property
- Use whole life economics as the basis for informed decision-making in the property lifecycle
- Demonstrate a critical understanding of the vital role that management of facilities has for improved sustainability performance
- Recognise the impact of the workplace on organisational productivity
- Critically evaluate the effectiveness of alternative workplace strategies in meeting the requirements of the changing world of work.
Enrolment commences from the time of payment.
You will be asked to complete payment in order to enrol onto this course.
Enrolment lasts for 180 Days.
You will receive a welcome email with detailed instructions closer to the start date of the course.
show full programme
Throughout the modules candidates will be referred to chapters and specific sections in identified textbooks. Access to these will facilitate candidates' responses to the associated exercises, case studies and quizzes.
This distance and blended learning course will provide you with a clear understanding of the following:
- Strategic concepts of CRE and FM
- Introduction to CRE and the role of the Facilities Manager
- Current CRE and FM issues
- Acquisition and disposal of corporate real estate
- Operational issues of holding property
- Property lifecycle economics
- The workplace versus organisational productivity
- The changing world of work
- Introduction to facilities support services
- Resource decision-making
- Auditing occupant services
- The insourcing / outsourcing debate
- Management processes and procedures, and IT systems.
Price Excl. VAT
£895.00 for RICS members
£1,075.00 for non-members