isurv access is included for free for the duration of the course.
This course has been designed to give professionals detailed knowledge needed for commercial property valuation, focusing on the main competencies of valuation practice: inspection, measurement and valuation methodologies and then will take you through the application of that knowledge and provide guidance and best practice on how to write Red Book compliant reports. This will ensure that any valuation report meets RICS as well as international standards.
This course will give you the breadth of knowledge required to apply the principles of commercial valuation on a day to day basis. Covering all key aspects of commercial valuation, this course will give a full breakdown of the process for creating a residential property valuation to RICS and international standards.
Who would this course benefit?
- APC and Assoc. candidates who are on the valuation or commercial property pathway or other candidates
- Any other professionals with at least 2 years of experience in valuation or who have completed the RICS Valuation Foundation Programme and wish to specialise or work with commercial property valuations.
- Professionals who need to create or work with commercial valuations on a day to day basis including valuers and professionals working in finance functions or departments who use commercial valuation reports as part of their decision making process.
From the trainer
It is easy to get lost in commercial property valuation, as it is complex and wide ranging. I found academic study too brief and narrow in focus, and I found software took over and endangered valuer insight. I wish I had had access to training that tackled the subject in a logical and practical fashion. I wish this course had been available to provide the tools I needed to tackle complex valuation without panic and frustration. It would have been great to learn these skills as part of a community, like you find with this Distance Learning programme.
- Identify when and why a valuation is required
- Apply best practice on inspection and investigation
- Explain the international aspect of property measurement
- Assess and identify the main drivers of value in your local market and globally
- Describe and understand the role of the value within the property market
- Explain key valuation methods theories and techniques
- Select most appropriate method of valuation for a given property scenario
- State the purpose of International Valuation Standards and RICS Valuation – Professional Standards.
- Describe the use of the Valuation Standards from the client’s perspective.
To see the full course content, please click Show Full Programme below.
show full programme
The course is composed of 6 technical modules which will cover the application of the valuation competencies of inspection, measurement and valuation methodologies as required to value commercial property as well as best practice for drafting commercial property valuation reports:
||The Inspection – Context & Information
||The Valuation Part 1 – Comparable Method and the Market
||The Valuation Part 2 – Investment Method with four techniques
||The Valuation Part 3 – Residual method with two techniques
||The Valuation Part 4 – DRC and profits method
||The Report: Writing an RICS compliant report
||Course Review and Summary
Certificate of completion
Only, upon passing the final exam, learners will be eligible to receive an RICS Certificate of Completion.
Price Excl. VAT
£895.00 for RICS members
£1,075.00 for non-members