Following the UK Government mandate on centrally-funded BIM projects by 2016, adoption of BIM by key players in the private sector has increased dramatically. The desire to reduce capital and operational costs is a pivotal driver for change. BIM can support the adoption of collaborative behaviours and practices, connecting intelligent design to information-based technologies to unlock efficient ways of working throughout the project life-cycle.
Gain a clear and concise understanding of BIM methodology, identifying the structure and contents to be considered as part of your own BIM strategy. Gain practical advice on the key activities and processes needed for BIM application, and the necessary steps and documentation needed for a robust and effective implementation plan.
- Identify what is required in the structure and contents of a BIM implementation strategy
- Define the key BIM activities and documents during the design & construction phases
- List the new roles and responsibilities associated with BIM.
Who should attend
- Commercial & Project Managers of Construction Companies
- Quantity Surveyors
- Project Managers
- Contract Administrators
- Facilities Managers
Web Class Pre-Requisites
A basic understanding of BIM, including attendance on the RICS ‘Introduction to BIM and its Importance’ web class.
- Introduction to BIM/ BIM capabilities
- Key industry documents
- Stages of work
- BIM Programme/ Critical decision points
- BIM implementation plan
- Project structure
- Contractual setup
- Soft landings.
The session will be interactive prompting questions and experience to be shared via the online chat facility. After the 1 hour and 10 minute presentation there will be a 20-30 minute question and answer session.