Contract Practice is a core and also an optional competency on a number of APC Pathways.
Learn how to effectively demonstrate and deliver your competence at all stages of the assessment process; during training, the submission stage and at your final interview.
Look at all aspects of the competency and identify the areas of work commonly included within this competency. Define the differing levels according to RICS; find out what assessors look for in your submissions; review good and bad examples of real-life submissions and finally identify top tips to follow.
Led by an experienced APC assessor, within this class you will have the chance to pose direct questions for your needs in our closing Q&A session.
- Complete written templates for the above competency with the correct level of detail to allow the assessors to prepare for the interview
- Include a Contract Practice key Issue within your Case Study
- Identify how to best respond to assessors’ questions at each level
- Present relevant experience to support your answers
- Avoid the most common mistakes and pitfalls.
show full programme
- Definitions of contract practice
- Sample submissions - what do assessors look for?
- Case Study requirements
- Case Study Key Issues
- Typical interview questions and response techniques
- Types of experience for demonstrating competence
- Top tips and common pitfalls