Design Economics and Cost Planning is a key competency for several APC pathways into. Having the knowledge and skills within this subject is an essential part of a surveyor’s role but without the ability to demonstrate competence, candidates may risk referral.
Look in detail at the competency description, identifying what assessors will expect from you when demonstrating skills and knowledge in your assessments. Critique sample assessments alongside your fellow candidates, to gain an in-depth understanding of what you need to include and how you need to approach your assessments.
- Defining Design Economics and Cost Planning
- Best practice for written assignments
- Sample written submissions - what do assessors look for?
- Typical interview question styles and response techniques
- Good and bad examples of interview answers
- Common pitfalls amongst Design Economics and Cost Planning candidates
- Further sources of support
By the end of the Web Class, you will be able to:
- How to complete written templates for the above competency with the correct level of detail to allow the assessors to prepare for the interview
- Identify valuable Design Economics and Cost Planning key issues to include within your Case Study
- Identify how to best respond to assessors’ questions at each level
- Present relevant experience to support your answers
- Avoid the most common mistakes and pitfalls
show full programme
Using a PowerPoint presentation as a basis, you will take part in a series of discussions and interactive exercises that will help apply knowledge learnt in the session to real-life scenarios. Questions and answer sessions will be interspersed throughout.