This class takes an in-depth look at the common forms of timber infestations and how it affects buildings. It includes an explanation of the common causes of timber infestations and the consequences and rectification of wet rot, dry rot and timber infestations. The trainer will advise on diagnosis and investigation techniques and the use of damp meters and other instruments. It will also include case studies and interactive learning sessions.
Who should attend
- General practice surveyors undertaking domestic property inspections,
- Property professionals from other pathways wishing to improve their knowledge of property defects
- Graduate/junior building surveyors.
By the end of the Web Class, you will be able to:
- Identify the main causes of timber decay and infestations affecting buildings
- Differentiate between the different types of rot present
- Understand the consequences of timber decay and how it affects buildings
- Identify appropriate diagnosis and investigation techniques.
show full programme
- Wet rot
- Dry rot
- Timber infestation
- Case studies