Critique examples of the soft skill demonstrations required for APC submissions and final assessment interview questioning. Identify the criteria applied by Assessors and look at common issues that arise is written and verbal submissions.
You will look at 4 of the mandatory competencies, commonly referred to as soft skills:
- Accounting Principles and Procedures
- Business Planning
- Data Management
- Health and Safety
As an interactive, thought-provoking session, by attending this class you will increase awareness of these subjects, and gain advice on demonstrating competence in the APC submission templates, as well as being prepared for questions at final assessment.
- Definitions of RICS competency levels 1, 2 and 3
- Relevant types of experience for demonstrating soft skills within mandatory competencies
- What do assessors look for in written, presentation and interview assessments?
- Good and bad examples of written competence demonstrations
- Typical interview questions and good responses
- Top tips and common pitfalls
- Further sources of support
This session will be interactive, which is aimed at making you think how to best evidence your experience in this competency. There will be questioning exercises and reviews of good and bad APC submission examples for you to analyse. This session will allow 20-30 minutes of questions and answers at the end, in order to ensure you are best prepared for your APC.
Why attend this course?
A clearer understanding of the Mandatory Competencies, how to demonstrate your experience and how to respond to questions, is likely to enhance your chances of passing the APC.
Who should attend?
All APC candidates, as these Mandatory Competencies apply to every single RICS APC Pathway.