- Complete the templates for the competency with the right level of detail to allow the assessors to prepare for the interview
- Identify how to best respond to assessors’ questions at each level
- Present relevant experience to support your answers
- Avoid the most common mistakes and pitfalls.
Web Class Summary
Managing property records is a vitally important part of being a surveyor and is often a large part of regulatory visits, so it’s no surprise that over two and a half thousand candidates chose this competency in 2014/15.
Within your written submissions, assessors will look for knowledge of legal issues; methods of collation and documentation of information and data, underpinned by demonstrations of how you apply this knowledge in your day-to-day work.
Receive practical guidance that will allow you to fulfil the RICS requirements in your assessments (templates, case studies and practical discussion), also review how best to answer questions during your final interview.
This competency masterclass covers a wide range of pathways and will provide you with a structured insight into the requirements and practices required by surveyors worldwide.
Using a PowerPoint presentation as a basis, you will take part in a series of discussions and interactive exercises that will help apply knowledge learnt in the session to real-life scenarios. Questions and answer sessions will be interspersed throughout.
Who Should Attend
- Any candidates who will have to demonstrate Property Records/Information Systems competency to levels 2 or 3 during the course of their route to membership
- Any candidates who will have to demonstrate Property Records/Information Systems within other competency areas to levels 1, 2 or 3 during the course of their route to membership
- The class will also be suitable for mentors, sponsors, supervisors and councillors of APC candidates wishing to ensure that they can provide appropriate support for their candidates.