The RICS Infrastructure Information Service (IIS) includes the BCIS forecasts for the Infrastructure sector.
The forecast is for five years and covers:
- Construction demand – Output from the construction industry on infrastructure projects
- Input costs represented by factory gate prices and nationally agreed wage awards and labour on-costs
- Tender prices representing the movement in prices in tenders for the construction work in the infrastructure sector.
The Civil Engineering market report reviews current trends and future projections in:
The macro-economic outlook including
- Interest rates
Civil engineering costs
- Output and new orders
- Activity surveys
- Demand by subsector: roads; electricity; water and sewerage; etc
Civil engineering tender prices.
In addition to the market report IIS includes forecasts of the following individual index series:
- Retail Prices
- General Civil Engineering Cost Index
- Roads sector cost index
- Water and sewerage sector cost index
- Rail sector cost index
- Infrastructure Tender Price Index.
In addition to the forecast the Infrastructure Information Service includes:
- Price and cost index series for the Infrastructure sector and sub-sectors
- Analysis of benchmarking studies by sector
- Cost analyses for infrastructure related buildings
- Average prices for infrastructure related buildings.
Initially much of the data will have a UK focus but the benchmark studies include international studies and national studies from around the world.