Purchase and Sale is often selected by APC candidates, mainly those on the property routes. It’s an area that many surveyors undertake in general practice but there is much more to know than just an awareness of sales methods and legislation governing the processes.
Learn how to effectively demonstrate and deliver your competence at all stages of the assessment process; during training, the submission stage and at your final interview.
Look at all aspects of the competency and identify the areas of work commonly included within this competency. Define the differing levels according to RICS; find out what assessors look for in your submissions; review good and bad examples of real-life submissions and finally identify top tips to follow.
Led by an experienced chairman and assessor, within this class you will have the chance to pose direct questions for your needs in our closing Q&A session.
The course will cover the competency, and how it is delivered.
- Definitions of RICS competency levels 1, 2 and 3
- Relevant types of experience for demonstrating Purchase and Sale competence
- What do assessors look for? (written, presentation and interview)
- Good and bad examples of written competence demonstrations
- Typical interview questions and good responses
- Top tips and common pitfalls (overview of what’s discussed with any extra pointers)
- Further sources of support
The training will include practical tasks and examples, and will aim to engage the candidate where possible throughout the presentation. There will be opportunity for questions and answers at the end of the session in order to address any individual pathway or membership route concerns.