Rewards and risk in the retail sector
Book before 31 October to benefit from the Early Bird discount
From 302,5€Book now
2018 has proved to be a challenging year for the retail sector with several high-street shops facing closures. However, this does not spell trouble for all. Consumers and technology proving the catalysts for change with retailers transforming their physical and virtual spaces to remain competitive.
The RICS European Retail Conference returns in 2019, in a new destination, Amsterdam. The focus of this year’s conference is exploring how innovators, disruptors and business model shifts are shaking up the retail sector.
Delivered through keynote presentations, Question Time discussions, case studies and In Conversation with talks, the conference will examine timely topics such as:
The event will also provide a market update on how the retail sector is performing across European Cities.
This event is the perfect platform for surveyors working in retail to benefit from high-level discussions that will improve their understanding of current and future market demands.
Get an exclusive first look at the Mall of The Netherlands, which is set to become the largest shopping centre in the country. Benefit from the opportunity to explore the development and to hear from the Unibail-Rodamco as they outline their vision for making the mall the most exciting retail destination in Leidschendam-Voorburg.
Discover how the customer experience is at the heart of the project and how the mall will mix retail and food to create a unique retail destination.
09:30 Keynote - Social, economic and investment trends impacting the retail market
• How the retail sector is performing across European Cities
• Hotspots and areas for growth
• What share of turnover comes from the physical store and what comes from the online store?
• Is the high street dead?
• The role of the street manager
• Shopping centres – out of town?
• Pop-up shops
• Security considerations in shopping areas
• How are customers’ shopping habits changing and how must retailer respond?
• Data, data, data: how to collect and use data to retailers and shoppers benefit
• Marketing and branding – creating a brand DNA
• Emerging submarkets for retail growth, and what decisions tenants are making that you need to be aware of
• The importance of food and beverage on the industry
• What are the role of specialist retailers – Grocery, and Healthy and Beauty
• Bricks and clicks - e-commerce impact on the retail industry
• E-tailing and trends in Omni Channel deliver
• The impact of click and collect on retail real estate
• The Amazon Effect
• Location strategy
• Lessons learned from the tourism industry
• Mixing travel and retail
• What to do with spaces that nobody wants?
• What are landlords looking for?
• Lease flexibility – how to negotiate this to benefit all?
• Offline and online getting the right blend
• Examples of best practice
• “Paris proof”
• Green value
• Impact of place making on real estate value
• How does innovation in retail affect the valuation of shopping malls?