The BCIS Online featured project for May 2018, submitted by Potter Raper Partnership, is the recently tendered £19.4m Mountview Academy of Theatre Arts in Peckham, South London.
At £1,643/m2 (4Q2016), the five storey L-shaped on plan, 10,396m2, musical theatre provides the following:
- 200 seat main auditorium
- 80 seat studio theatre
- 19Nr rehearsal studios
- 200m2 rehearsal studio for commercial hire
- 2Nr performance studios
- music practice rooms
- 2Nr TV studios
- radio suite
- retail unit
- rooftop restaurant
- public foyer and
- cafe bar.
Substructure, at £158 /m2 includes:
- RC raft and insitu pad foundations.
Superstructure, at £855/m2 includes:
- 215t structural steel frame and RC framing
- RC slab on metal deck upper floors and PCC hollow core slabs
- flat steel clad roof including rooflights and fall arrest system
- combination of rain screen cladding on block and glazed curtain walling
- block internal walls and metal stud partitions.
Finishes, at £120/m2 include:
- painted plasterboard lined walls, ceramic tiling, painted fair faced blockwork and exposed concrete wall finishes
- rubber and vinyl sheet screeded floor finishes
- suspended acoustic ceilings and exposed concrete soffits.
Fittings and furnishings, at £5/m2 include:
Services, at £505/m2 include:
- sanitary ware
- LTHW heating and air conditioning
- electrical including emergency lighting
- data, CCTV, access control, intruder and fire alarms.
Cost analyses are available as part of the BCIS Online service.
BCIS would like to thank Potter Raper Partnership for providing the data and everyone who submits projects to be published online. If you would like to talk to BCIS about submitting data, please contact Metin Mustafa on +44 (0)20 7695 1518 or email the BCIS data team.