These Special Conditions together with our general terms and conditions apply to the sale of the iSurv Service and any Materials (as defined below) by us, RICS, 12 Great George Street, Parliament Square, London SW1P 3AD (registered with company number RC000487). Your purchase of the iSurv Service and Materials will be subject to our general terms and conditions and these Special Conditions and you should read both documents together.
These Special Conditions and our general terms and conditions do not apply to any sales by third parties on our website.
Unless otherwise stated in these Special Conditions, the defined terms in our general terms and conditions shall apply to these Special Conditions.
These Special Conditions are supplemental to our general terms and conditions. In the event of any conflict or inconsistency between these Special Conditions and our general terms and conditions, our general terms and conditions shall prevail but only to the extent of such conflict or inconsistency.
Definitions and interpretation
For the purpose of these iSurv Special Conditions, the following terms shall have the following meaning:
- Authorised User(s) means an individual or company authorised by You to access the iSurv Service;
- Materials means the materials, information and documentation made available to You by virtue of Your subscription to the iSurv Service;
- isurv Service means the online service provided by RICS to access the Materials;
- You means the individual, firm or company that has an up-to-date and fully paid subscription to the iSurv Service.
1. Acceptance of Terms and Conditions
Subscriber's and Authorised User's use of the Service will be bound by and subject to these terms and conditions and the RICS Websites Terms and Conditions at www.rics.org/terms (collectively 'the Terms and Conditions').
A maximum of 6 (six) Authorised Users and Subscribers during the period of their subscription may use the Service and the Materials that appear on it from time to time to support their own private study or core business activities or research, and for this purpose may: (a) display the Materials on screen; (b) make printouts of items included in the Materials using the printing commands contained in the Service; and (c) download and store in machine readable form a single copy of insubstantial portions of the Materials for the Subscriber's or Authorised Users' exclusive use.
Following the expiry of any licence, RICS makes no representations, warranties or guarantees in relation to any Materials held and accepts no liability in relation to any Materials accessed by any party.
3. Restrictions on use
Authorised Users and Subscribers may not:
(a) make multiple printouts or copies of Materials for distribution to Unauthorised Persons;
(b) re-sell the Service or any part of the Materials to others;
(c) make the Service or any Materials available to Unauthorised Persons on a local area network, a wide area network or on any intranet or extranet, without written prior permission of RICS;
(d) exceed the number of licences that they have agreed can access isurv or share individual usernames and passwords (maximum of 6 per licence);
(e) abstract, download, store, reproduce, transmit, display, copy, distribute or use the Materials other than as permitted by clause 2 above;
(f) use the Service or send any unsolicited promotional or advertising material, or any volume messages which may interfere with the provision of the Service or the enjoyment of the Service by other users.
4. Free trials
Each individual shall have the right to access online one free trial of the Service or any given section of the Service from time to time. RICS can withhold the right to a free trial for any reason.
(a) Materials and features may be added to and removed from the Service without notice.
(b) The Materials and information included in the Service are provided for reference purposes only. The Service and the Materials and information it contains are not intended either as a substitute for professional advice or judgement or to provide legal or other advice with respect to particular circumstances. No responsibility for loss occasioned to any person acting or refraining from action as a result of material in this product can be accepted by any Contributor to the Service or RICS.
(c) Every effort is made to keep Materials up to date but Subscribers and Authorised Users should obtain independent verification or advice before relying on any piece of information in circumstances where loss or damage may result.
Several case law summaries are referred to in the Service. However, the Service highlights general principles only. There are many cases that have not been noted here but may be of importance for specific issues. The full text of any given case should be consulted before reliance is placed on it as an authority.
6. Changes to the Terms and Conditions
RICS reserve the right to change or update the Terms and Conditions relating to the use of the Service from time to time without prior notice to Subscribers or Authorised Users.
7. Governing Law
The Terms and Conditions shall be governed and interpreted in accordance with English law with English courts having exclusive jurisdiction.
Copyright in all or part of this publication rests with RICS, and save by prior consent of RICS, no part or parts shall be reproduced by any means electronic, mechanical, photocopying or otherwise, now known or to be devised.
isurv contains public sector information licensed under the Open Government Licence v1.0.
isurv Monthly Additiional Terms
1. When opting to subscribe for isurv on a pay-monthly basis, these Additional Terms shall apply in additional to our Standard Terms which you are advised to read. Where there is any discrepancy between our Standard Terms and these Additional Terms, these Additional Terms shall prevail. Unless stated otherwise the defined terms within our standard terms shall apply here also.
What you are purchasing
2. You are agreeing to purchase a 12 month subscription to the Service. At the end of the 12 month period, your subscription will continue to run on a monthly rolling basis until you cancel your subscription (see below).
How much you pay, when and how
3. You will pay for your subscription on a monthly basis which will begin with an initial payment of £41.58 plus VAT followed by payments each month of £41.58 (+VAT). We will send you an invoice at the same time each month which you will need to pay within 10 working days of the date of the invoice.
4. You will need to make each payment by way of a debit card payment. Call 0247 686 8555 to make the payment.Restrictions on use5. In order to be eligible for a pay-monthly subscription, you must be either an individual user acting on your own behalf or, if buying for use within a business, there must be no more than three surveyors within your practice. By opting to purchase a pay-monthly subscription, you confirm that this is the case. We reserve the right to terminate your subscription immediately and without notice if we reasonably believe that that it is not.
6. You may cancel your subscription at any time on or after the first anniversary of your purchase by calling 0247 686 8555.
7. If you fail to make any payment at the time it is due in respect of your subscription we reserve the right to terminate your subscription immediately and without notice. You may still remain liable to pay for the remainder of any subscription term.
Read the next page in this section