In a complex and rapidly changing marketplace, clients seek confidence and security. Obtaining ‘Regulated by RICS’ status allow your firm to meet this need. It shows the world that your firm practises to globally recognised ethical and professional standards. More than 10,000 firms already successfully registered.
Benefits of regulation for firms: visibility & support
As a regulated firm you will use the industry respected ‘Regulated by RICS’ designation, which conveys to the marketplace that your firm:
- Practises to globally recognised standards.
- Behaves ethically, and acts with integrity and honesty.
- Has the required skills and competencies to do the job.
- Manages conflicts of interests transparently.
- Safeguards the security of client money.
- Manages its finances appropriately.
- Provides adequate and appropriate indemnity for your work.
- Handles complaints and disputes fairly.
This tells potential clients that you can be trusted to deliver high standards of service. ‘Regulated by RICS’ conveys a consistent message of confidence and quality to your clients whether they are local, national or international.
Through our presence in the major financial centres of the world, we promote the value of ‘Regulated by RICS’ to the clients you work with.
Find out more about the use of the RICS logo for your firm
We also provide regulated firms with guidance and support on embedding best practice through professional standards.
Through our programme of regulatory assurance and advice, regulation by RICS:
- Helps identify business systems and process improvements
- Supports the use of international standards in everyday practice
- Fosters transparency
- Identifies and helps to manage risks
What you need to know
RICS Regulation is available on a voluntary basis to qualifying firms. Firms that want to be Regulated by RICS must meet the requirements set out in the Rules for the Registration of Firms.
Regulated firms agree to observe and comply with RICS Rules of Conduct for Firms, including working to RICS standards. This means your firm will also need to have the following:
How to register your firm
Fees for registering for regulation
There is no cost for registering
Where to find a regulated firm
Regulated firms can be easily found by clients on our global database of surveying firms.
Valuer Registration sponsorship
As a Regulated Firm you can sponsor your RICS valuers for RICS Valuer Registration to reduce risk on a broader scale and disseminate best practice to your entire company.
Read the next page in this section