Commercial property surveyors have an interesting, challenging and ever-changing workload.
They concentrate on all types of property including all types of office, industrial, leisure and retail property in both public and private sectors. It would also include mixed use properties.
Specialisms covered by the Commercial Property Professional Group would include some of the following:
- Agency: Purchase, sale, letting and leasing of commercial real estate
- Management: Including both the human and financial implications of property
- Landlord and tenant: Covering all aspects of lease negotiations
- Corporate real estate: Strategic management of/advice on operational real estate
- Investment: appraisal, performance measurement and analysis
- Location solutions: Assisting with site needs for R&D, retail, corporate offices, manufacturing, back offices (shared services, call centres, data centres), business continuity and disaster recovery
- Sustainability: Help your customer lessen their environmental impact, manage risk effectively, reduce costs and ultimately gain a strategic competitive advantage
- Mixed-use buildings: Assist in delivering large-scale mixed-use schemes
- Corporate recovery: Help a failing commercial organisations avoid administration
You must use this guide in conjunction with the core APC documentation, which consists of:
- APC Requirements and competencies guide
- APC Candidate guide
- APC Counsellor guide
The Associate pathway guide and submission template is available for download on the right hand side. Please use this guide in conjunction with the RICS Associate Candidate Guide.
Pathways and competencies
Shaping the professionals of the future – see the changes coming 1 August 2018.
Read the next page in this section