Skip to content

RICS accredited degrees

RICS accredited degrees

If the university lifestyle appeals to you and you want a degree into a profession, then an RICS accredited degree could be for you. Once you’ve completed your undergraduate or master’s degree, you can apply for a graduate scheme to become a fully qualified Chartered Surveyor.

Choose the right degree for you

RICS accredits more than 300 degrees across land, property and construction at over 50 universities throughout the UK, so no matter where you are or what your passion is you are spoilt for choice in studying surveying.
Depending on your situation there are two types of RICS accredited degrees you can chose: 

  • Undergraduate degrees: Complete your A levels/Highers (or equivalent) and choose the perfect surveying course for you.
  • Postgraduate degrees: If you have any undergraduate degree, you can take a master's degree in surveying to convert onto the path to becoming a chartered surveyor.

Following a short period of work experience at a property company, I was sure that surveying was a career I wanted to pursue. I chose to study estate management at university because it's format of a three-year sandwich course really appealed. As a chartered surveyor the work is extremely sociable. You're constantly dealing with different people and that’s certainly one of the benefits of the job.

Andrew Milne

I read political science as an undergraduate, so the jump to surveying was seen to be an outlandish one.

I opted for an RICS-accredited Masters as I was confident it would equip me with the skills and knowledge to succeed. I would recommend a career in surveying – it’s perfect for people looking for a well-rounded career.

Sahar Rezazadeh MRICS

Experience the world of surveying

Watch vloggers Ali and Eve explore the surveying profession, including flying a £30,000 drone. And discover how surveyors shape the world around us.